Saturday, August 20, 2011

Something about Saturday morning

I have discovered (am discovering) that Saturday mornings are becoming one of my favorite times of the week. I can get up early (who gets up early on Saturday?) I can have my office and my desk to myself in a relatively quite setting and I can work hard focus well and get things done with minimal interruptions. Yea Saturday!

There is something about the uninterrupted block of time that is essential to thought and creative work. Is this part of the Sabbath concept? Is there a divinely inspired benefit to just shutting the world out, the noise down, turning away from the distractions of day to day living? What else must I do to "unplug" and refocus? I'm liking the idea of a weekly "reboot" where I turn the juice off and focus on something completely new and different.


There is just something about Saturday morning.
bj

No comments: